Monday, May 26, 2008

vino velo...dov'è la mia bici?

My bike took its own holiday to Nice (insert Nisa/Nice pun here). As of this writing, I am still bike-less. Thus far, no worries, as we are here in Rome until Wednesday. But I do hope it arrives soon. The woman who runs our pencione informed me that the airport can take anywhere up to 5 days...so tomorrow if it hasn't arrived, I'll start to worry. The funny thing is, when we were waiting for our flight from Dublin to Rome, we met people at our gate who were going to Nice to start their own tour from Nice through the Alps to Geneva. After they left, I thought: Boy I hope our bikes don't end up in France. Jinx. Nicky's showed up all purdy. Mine went on holiday. So when I was at the airport service counter telling them that one of the main items involved in my trip was not anywhere to be found I said, I bet it's in Nice. When she ran my baggage claim ticket through the computer she looked up at me like I was clairvoyant.

R

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When we were in Nice I ran around the streets singing "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" while Matt rolled his eyes at me.

Hope you and your bike are reunited soon!!

xo